- Underwater Data Centers? - Microsoft proposes possibility of data centers under the ocean surface to improve energy efficiency.
- IBM predicts breakthroughs in next 5 years - AI, smart sensors, and medical devices.
- IEEE Computer Society predicts the future of technology - Key innovations will include machine learning, non-volatile memories, and brain-computer interfaces.
- 3D Nanocomputer Prototype Designed - Research at UCSB by Prof. Dmitri Strukov uses 3D arrays of memristors.
- HPE Demonstrates Memory-Driven Computer Architecture - Prototype part of “The Machine” research project based on non-volatile memory and optical data links.
- Moving beyond Moore’s Law with New Research Center at Georgia Tech - “Center for Research into Novel Computer Hierarchies”
Forget Scaling. Moore's Law Panel Talks Power Consumption.
A panel of semiconductor experts at the South by Southwest festival sees a future that favors power-efficient computers instead of ones with smaller transistors.
IARPA Programs in Future Computing
The 2016 ICRC was held in San Diego, Oct. 17-19, 2016. As part of a government funding panel, Dr. William Vanderlinde of the US Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (https://www.iarpa.gov/) discussed IARPA research programs in support of the National Strategic Computing Initiative. Specific projects include such unconventional computing approaches as quantum computing, superconducting computing, and neuromorphic computing.
- Rebooting Computing Video Overview
- ICRC 2017 Call for Papers
- IEEE Journal of Exploratory Solid-State Computational Devices and Circuits (JXCDC)
- Arch2030 Workshop Report
- TTM 2016 Videos
- Workshop on Neuromorphic Computing
- Workshop on Beyond CMOS Technology
- Update on National Strategic Computing Initiative (NSCI)
- RC White Paper on Nanocomputers
- IEEE Computer Magazine on Rebooting Computing
- RC-ITRS Report on the Foundation of the New Computer Industry Beyond 2020